Shark Week Toolkit
// This Toolkit is in progress.
// Have suggestions for what should go in here?
// Get in touch
Welcome to your home for shark-saving resources to help you defend, protect and celebrate sharks online during Shark Week (starting Sunday, August 12 at 9pm ET)!
There's a lot in here, so we've packed all the action-y goodies at the top, and pushed the background information to the end.
Table of Contents
I. Being a Super Engager
- How To Drive The Shark Conversation (Without Jumping It)
- -- Tips for effectively engaging online during Shark Week
- State of the Shark Online (“the Sharkinar”)
- -- Recording, Slides, and Notes from our Shark Week online briefing
- Myth-busting Resources
- -- Rapid Response Kit for Busting Shark Myths (particularly on twitter)
- Allies, Organizations and Campaigns
- Tips for Twitter and Facebook
- The best-est shark photos and videos to share and amplify
II. Background Information
- Shark Week 101 (Wikipedia) (By the Numbers)
- Shark Week Schedule
- Shark Week’s online campaign plans
- Shark Week Official Online Channels:
- -- Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Website | GetGlue (Social TV app)
- -- How to Engage Online with Shark Week [per Discovery]
This toolkit is a living, breathing thing, so please send us suggestions for additions and alterations. Also, let us know what this toolkit helps you do, and we'll repay the favor by driving more attention to your content!