The Tide Report
What is the Tide Report?
Take a look at our archives.
The Tide Report is Upwell's newsletter, caught sustainably and delivered fresh to your email inbox 2-3 times a week. We scrape the whole internet and listen big to how people are talking about ocean issues in order to provide you with the most up-to-date ocean conservation news, and suggest easy ways for you to amplify good content on social media. By signing up, you're joining Team Ocean, and we're here to help you use your voice to raise attention to the crises the ocean faces.
- Hot ocean news and juicy content ripe for amplification
- Analysis of online conversations, complete with graphs and insight
- One-click pathways for amplifying good ocean content
- Upcoming science and ocean communications events and celebrations for your editorial calendar
- Ridiculous videos and tales of Upwell roguery
Who is it for?
We built the Tide Report for you: an ocean advocate who's active on social media. Whether you're the social media manager at an international NGO, a shark fanatic with a Tumblr blog, a marine biologist with a knack for Twitter, a social change activist who cares about our planet, or a science writer with an affinity for deep sea robots and submarines, there's something in here for you.
Some of our current subscribers come from:
- Conservation International
- Deep Sea News
- Discovery News
- The Economist
- Marine Fish Conservation Network
- The Moore Foundation
- National Geographic
- NTEN (Nonprofit Technology Network)
- Ocean Conservancy
- The Ocean Project
- Sierra Club
- Southern Fried Science
- Story of Stuff
How do I suggest content?
Send us tips at tips (at) upwell.us or tweet at us at @upwell.
What if I don't like it?
The Tide Report is a living, breathing thing. We're constantly refining our content and focus based on feedback from our friends in the marine sector and beyond. If you don't like what you're getting, please email us your feedback! And of course, the unsubscribe link is at the bottom of every email, if you must.